Swann Communications Product Returns Policy, Process & Warranty Information
All new products sold by Swann Communications on Swann.com are covered by a 12 Month Warranty. Swann Communications will accept product returns and assist you to repair, replace or issue you with a refund under warranty where:
- The product is found to be defective/ faulty, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the specifications/ description on Swann.com;
- The product has been used in the country of purchase, and;
- You have an order reference/ receipt or adequate proof of purchase from Swann.com dated within the 12 month warranty period.
Repair or Replace Policy
- You must contact us & make a claim within 12 months of purchase date for a repair or replacement of the same or an equivalent model.
- You must provide proof of purchase when making a claim with Swann.
- If stock returned is found DOA (Dead on arrival within 14 days of receiving delivery) Swann will reimburse any delivery expense incurred by you.
- You must provide proof of purchase when making a claim with Swann.
- You may incur a restocking fee of $50 if the product you return is considered no longer in saleable condition once it’s received.
- If you were charged a shipping fee at time of purchase, this will be deducted from your refund amount (unless refund is due to shipping error).
- If stock returned is found DOA (Dead on arrival) Swann will reimburse any delivery expense when purchased on Swann.com.
- Refunds are granted once stock is returned to Swann, tested and approved by Swann’s Warranty/ Returns team.
For all product returns, you are required to submit a Returns Authorisation Request.
1 – Troubleshoot using our Technical Support Website
You may be able to fix your problem quickly and easily without needing to return it using articles for common issues via our Technical Support site.
2 – Returns Authorisation Request
If troubleshooting does not help, submit a Returns Authorisation Request to contact our Technical Support Team directly. They will be able to help. You can:
- Submit your email address, name & contact details to create an account
- Raise a new request
- Upload your order reference/ receipt for the product you’ve bought
- Receive a case number to track your request
- Arrange a call-back from our Technical Support Team
3 – Returns Authorisation Approval
If the Technical Support Team cannot fix the issue, you will be given an Authorisation (RA) Number to return the product.
- An RA Number will usually be given within 2 working days of the initial RA Request.
- An RA Number will be issued for one or more products being returned in the same shipment from the same location.
4 – Return your Product
- Repair or Replacements - pack product parts sufficiently in a shipping carton.
- Refunds – pack ALL product parts and components sufficiently in a shipping carton.
- Clearly write your RA Number on the outside of the shipping carton, NOT on the product for all returns. Goods that are returned to Swann without an RA Number will be sent back to you at your expense.
- Send returns to - Swann Communications, Returns Authorisation Dept., Unit 13, 331 Ingles Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207.
- Once received, allow 5-10 days for your returned product to be processed and assessed. You will be contacted via email advising of the outcome.
- Approved refunds will be credited back into the same account it was debited from. This may not include shipping costs.
Issuing of an RA number does not guarantee the acceptance of stock if other criteria are not met. Stock remains the property of the Original Owner until it is accepted by Swann Communications as a valid return.
Purchasing from Swann.com
If you wish to return an item purchased online at Swann.com because you have changed your mind, we will offer you an exchange or refund provided that:
- You return the item within 30 days of purchase.
- You produce your original Swann.com receipt/proof of purchase when you return the item.
- The item is in re-saleable condition meaning that:
- It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories.
- It is unopened, unused and in its original condition.
- The original security seal or shrink wrap is intact.
Please refer to the returns process to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number.
Purchasing from Authorised Retailers/ Stockists
If you purchased a Swann product online or in store from an authorised retailer/ stockist and wish to return it, you must return it to the original place of purchase and abide by their returns policy.
If the product is believed to be defective/ faulty please refer to the returns process to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number.
Swann Communications Warranty Period on new products is 12 months from the date of purchase.
The following terms and conditions apply when purchased on Swann.com:
- All Swann warranties are limited to the original purchaser.
- Warranty registration is not required, but purchasers should retain their order reference/ receipt as proof of purchase.
- Any party returning a faulty unit must pay all applicable freight (and insurance if applicable) to return the unit to Swann.
- Swann will pay all freight charges to return the repaired unit to the returning party.
- Swann will at their discretion, repair, replace or credit the faulty unit.
- Any unit returned as faulty, but tested and found OK will incur a handling charge of $50.
- Any product that fails within 14 days of end user purchase is considered DOA, and will be replaced with a new unit.
- Swann fully supports all products for the entire warranty period, but cannot support third party software, as Swann has no control over its use or design.
- Returns will be rejected unless they are clearly marked with a Return Authorisation Number supplied by our Technical Support Team.
- Swann reserves the right to replace any faulty unit that is no longer in production with a current model of similar or equivalent type.
- Evidence of any of the following conditions will void any warranty claim:
- Lightning strike or power surge (Swann recommends fitting a power surge protection device);
- Physical damage;
- Removal of any tamper seal;
- Unauthorised end user or third party modifications to any component;
- Evidence of misuse or abuse of the device.
- Swann aims to process claims within 10 working days from order reference/ receipt of the unit, but cannot be held responsible for any reasonable delays due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Goods capable of storing user-generated data may experience a loss of data during the repair process. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all personal data is deleted before returning the item or items to Swann.
The Warranty does not apply if:
- You received the product, but found it cheaper somewhere else at a later date.
- You misused a product in any way that caused the problem.
- You knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product.
- You asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted.
- You do not have proof of purchase, such as receipt, credit card or bank statement.
- You bought the product from an unauthorised retailer/ stockist or second hand.
- You received the product(s) as a gift. The warranty is non transferrable and requires written consent from the original purchaser.
- Refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired may replace goods returned for repair.
- Refunds are issued using your original payment method.
- Re-imbursement of shipping is only applicable on qualified products returned to Swann Communications within 3 months of Returns Authorisation.
- Swann Communications reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods before providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.