Swann’s 8 channel DVR Security System received the Editor’s Choice Award from Bohs Hansen of eTeknix.com. In the comprehensive review, he talks about the box, documents, tests the Swann desktop software, opens the DVR case and even goes on to produces his own Night Vision video staged burglary.
He concludes the review – “pleasantly surprised” and “The Swann DVR8-4550 8-Channel Security System Kit provides a superb image quality and great features in a complete pack that doesn’t cost a lot.”
His feature highlights:
- View 8 cameras at once, 4 in quad mode, or one at a time
- Amazing HD Live viewing and playback from four 1080p cameras
- Long 160-days recording to pre-installed 2TB hard drive
- Powerful day and night vision up to 30 meters
- Durable camera casing with IP66 rating
- Visible motion detection cameras
- Easy do-it-yourself installation with cables and connectors included
- Easy to use
- Everything you need is in the box, even a 2TB Surveillance HDD
- Great video quality
- Remote controllable
- Amazing value for the price
- Lifetime 24/7 support
- The browser plugin could use a little work
- Not all Android devices are supported
- USB ports are only USB 2.0
Bohs also covers full product specifications and details of what is on the pack and what you receive in the box. He includes photographs from every angle, so you can see in detail what you get before you buy. Including the inner workings of the DVR! Wow, that’s detailed information!
Don’t worry, we’ve made sure to pass on his feedback to our product development team.
The Swann DVR8-4550 Security System suits the needs of most homeowners or small businesses alike.